June 21-22, 2022
In-person at Molloy College, Long Island, New York and Online
The program will feature oral presentations by the current 18 NSF REU ILLC site fellows in linguistics and speech-language-hearing-communication sciences and will involve diverse languages as well as poster presentations by High School and Undergraduate students from different states.
Call for Poster Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline: May 15, 2022, 11.59pm EST
High School and Undergraduate students who work with a Faculty Mentor on a research project on any aspects of linguistics or speech-language-hearing-communication sciences are invited to submit an abstract to present a poster at the 4th ILLC Conference.
High School Essay Contest
Essay Submission Deadline: April 1st 2022, 11.59pm EST
- 1st Prize: $300 Gift Card
- 2nd Prize: $250 Gift Card
- 3rd Prize: $200 Gift Card
Length: 600 to 1,000 words
High School Students are invited to submit one of the following:
- A response essay on one of the articles on language science listed on https://undergrad-language-research.org/language-in-the-media/
- For those students who have participated in a NACLO (North American Computational Linguistics Olympiad), in the Linguistics League or the Linguistic Bowls: an essay on how this experience has changed your life
Winners will be invited to participate in a panel on an initiative to include language sciences as a subject in High Schools to be held both face-to-face at Molloy College, Long Island, New York and online.