NSF REU Site Intersection of Linguistics, Language, and Culture 2019
Second Annual Conference
Call for Abstract Submissions
Date: Friday, June 21, 2019
Location: Long Island University, Downtown Brooklyn Campus, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Directions to LIU: here
Deadline for Abstract Submission: Tuesday, April 30th, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST.
High school and undergraduate students who work with a faculty mentor are invited to submit an abstract to present a poster on a research project on any aspects of linguistics or speech-language-hearing-communication sciences at the second ILLC conference. (Recent graduates who are not enrolled in graduate school may also submit, as long as the topic was started during their undergraduate studies.)
The program will feature:
- Oral Presentations by the current 14 NSF-REU Site Fellows on Aphasia; Audiology; Language Acquisition, Processing and Variation; Multilingualism; Phonology; Speech Perception and Syntax that involve diverse languages.
- A Panel on the Development of an Advanced Placement Course in Linguistics for High School students.
- Poster abstracts must be pasted in text form, as well as attached in pdf form.
- The pdf must have no names or affiliations; only the title of the poster presentation at the top of the document.
- Word count must be between 300 and 500, excluding figures, tables, references, and title.
- For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your abstract via this link