When will I be notified if I got accepted into the NSF-REU-ILLC program?
- Participants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of May.
Is there an age requirement for the applying for the NSF-REU-ILLC Program?
- No, there is no age requirement when applying for the NSF-REU-ILLC program.
Can I apply to the NSF-REU-ILLC Program as an International Student?
- As per NSF regulations, prospective students must be a permanent resident or a US citizen.
I live in Pennsylvania; can I still apply to the NSF-REU-ILLC program?
- Only students residing at a university or college in the NYC, Long Island and New Jersey area can only apply to the NSF-REU-ILLC program.
I am graduating with my Bachelors Degree in The Spring of 2021 or in the Fall of 2021; can I still apply to the NSF-REU-ILLC program?
- Students who apply for the program must still be a full time undergraduate student for both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters since this is an NSF federal requirement.
Can graduate students apply to the NSF-REU-ILLC Program?
- Graduate students cannot apply to the NSF-REU-ILLC program; it is only opened for undergraduate students.
Can Community College Students apply to the NSF-REU-ILLC Program?
- Yes, community college students can and are strongly encouraged to apply.
Do you need to have a certain major to apply for the NSF-REU-ILLC Program?
- No. Last year, students who applied, came from a wide variety of majors ranging from Communication Sciences and Disorders, Linguistics, and Psychology.
What percentage of applicants get accepted into the NSF-REU-ILLC Program?
- It depends on how many applicants we get every year, but in the 2020-2021 school year, 26% of applicants were accepted. Therefore, it is fairly competitive.