NSF REU Site Intersection of Linguistics, Language, and Culture First Conference: Call for Abstract Submissions
Date: Friday, June 29, 2018
Location: Long Island University, Downtown Brooklyn Campus, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Deadline for Abstract Submission: Wednesday May 30, 2018, 11:59pm
High school and undergraduate students who work with a faculty mentor are invited to submit an abstract to present a poster on a research project on any aspects of linguistics or speech-language-hearing-communication sciences at the first ILLC conference.
The program will feature:
- Oral presentations by the current 14 NSF-REU Site Fellows. Topics include Aphasia; Language Acquisition, Processing and Variation; Multilingualism; Phonology; Speech Perception and Syntax, on a variety of languages including African American English, American Sign Language, Cantonese, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian Creole, Hebrew, Mixteco, Russian, Spanish, and Yiddish.
- A screening of the documentary film Talking Black in America (https://www.talkingblackinamerica.org/)
- Poster abstracts must be pasted in text form, as well as attached in pdf form.
- The pdf must have no names or affiliations; only the title of the poster presentation at the top of the document.
- Word count must be between 300 and 500, excluding figures, tables, references, and title.
- For questions, email us at email@example.com
- Submit your abstract via this link