NSF REU Site Intersection of Linguistics, Language, and Culture 2018
First Annual Conference
Call for Abstract Submissions
Date: Friday, June 29, 2018
Location: Long Island University, Downtown Brooklyn Campus, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Deadline for Abstract Submission: Extended to Sunday, June 10th, at 11:59 p.m.
High school and undergraduate students who work with a faculty mentor are invited to submit an abstract to present a poster on a research project on any aspects of linguistics or speech-language-hearing-communication sciences at the first ILLC conference. (Recent graduates who are not enrolled in graduate school may also submit, as long as the topic was started during their undergraduate studies.)
The program will feature:
- Oral presentations by the current 14 NSF-REU Site Fellows. Topics include Aphasia; Language Acquisition, Processing and Variation; Multilingualism; Phonology; Speech Perception and Syntax, on a variety of languages including African American English, American Sign Language, Cantonese, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian Creole, Hebrew, Mixteco, Russian, Spanish, and Yiddish.
- A screening of the documentary film Talking Black in America (https://www.talkingblackinamerica.org/)
- Poster abstracts must be pasted in text form, as well as attached in pdf form.
- The pdf must have no names or affiliations; only the title of the poster presentation at the top of the document.
- Word count must be between 300 and 500, excluding figures, tables, references, and title.
- For questions, email us at email@example.com
- Submit your abstract via this link